Prep: 10 mins Cooking: 15-20 mins Serves: 4
Per serving: 232 kcal, 4.5g fat, 0.8g saturates, 4.5g sugars, 0.67g salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 10ml/2tsp ground paprika
- 175g/6oz long grain rice
- 400ml/14floz vegetable stock
- 1 (200g) pack salsa dip
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, add the onion and pepper and sauté over a medium heat for 3-4 mins or until soft. Add the crushed garlic, paprika and rice and cook, stirring for 30 seconds until the grains are coated with spice.
- Add the stock and half the salsa sauce, stir well. Cover and simmer for 15 mins or until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender. Serve hot or cold with extra salsa on the side. Tastes great with barbecued chicken.
For easy barbecued chicken, place 4 chicken drumsticks and thighs in a non-stick roasting tin. Make a few slashes in the skin with a sharp knife. Pour over 90ml/6tbsp ready made barbecue sauce and toss to coat. Roast at 200C/Fan 180C/Gas Mark 6 for 25-30mins, turning occasionally until browned and tender.
Fresh dips aren’t just for dipping! They are great for adding a special zing to everyday meals.
You can use them as tasty sandwich fillers, on jacket potatoes, as an accompaniment to grilled fish or chicken or as a recipe ingredient.
Why not try out our delicious selection of dips recipes and serving suggestions, these tasty meals will have the whole family licking their lips.